Monday, November 24, 2008

first snow

courtyard of my apt

Yippee! What a great way to start the week?! I think it started snowing at about 7 this morning. I was called by my friend, Matt at 8 and told to get to the piazza for a snowball fight! There were a few inches already covering the ground when I bounded out the front door 10 minutes later. It is usual for it to snow here during the winter once or twice(it snowed the first week in January after I had returned home 4 years ago) but it is very rare for it to snow here during the fall, so it is a real treat to see now! I think I've had this grin on my face all day long.

On my way to the piazza I took many photos of my daily walk/commute now freshly covered in snow. I'm not sure how I would feel about this kind of weather if I had to go somewhere that required transportation other than my own two feet. I'm sure I'd be a little grumpy about it at times or when I didn't have the chance to make snow angels and snow men.

I REALLY hope it snows again tonight and tomorrow morning!

No comments: